The original name of this professional association is E-NGAS Users Circle (EUC), which started in 2006 as an association of users and enthusiasts of the GAS, an accounting system developed by the Commission on Audit for use by agency accountants for financial recording and reporting.
On October 15, 2009, the EUC was registered with the Securities and Exchange Commission as a non-stock and non-profit association.
In 2012, the name of EUC was changed to Electronic Financials Users Circle (EUC), Inc. to include in the scope of its membership those who are using not only e-NGAS and e-Budget systems but also other financial management information systems.
To date, EUC has evolved as Government Financial Management Innovators Circle (GFMIC), Inc., an association of public financial management professionals who utilize Information and Communications Technology and other related tools for productivity, transparency and accountability in public financial management operations.
Premiere partner in building capacities towards effective Public Financial Management Systems
GFMIC champions the effective mainstreaming of responsive and ethical Public Financial Management Systems
Integrity, Professionalism, Malasakit and Dynamism
- To promote and maintain high standards in profession relating to government financial management;
- To enable the accounting information technology and other related professions to discharge responsibilities pertaining to government financial management more effectively;
- To elevate the standards of government financial management education and profession through the use of modern tools such as Information and Communication Technology;
- To promote relevant programs and projects of the government as a whole and those of the professions related to government financial management;
- To develop among its members high ideals of competence, ethical conduct, integrity and civil consciousness;
- To guard against the practice of the related professions by unauthorized persons or entities; and,
- To foster cordial, harmonious and fruitful relations among its members.